Reminder Light Reset
• Power on car, Cycle ODO/TRIP, stopping on ODO, Power off car.
• Power on, while holding the ODO button o Wait for reminder light to go out, then release ODO button.
Disabling Reverse Beep
• Power on the car, Cycle ODO/TRIP, stopping on ODO, Power off the car.
• Power on, within 6 seconds, hold ODO for at least 10 seconds.
• While still holding ODO shift into Reverse and back into Park.
• b-on shows on speedometer display, press ODO to cycle to "b-off".
• This also works for the seatbelt beep, replace shifting with buckling/un-buckling.
Tachometer Signal Found it at vfaq.net (http://www.vfaq.net)
which has an image in the mods-Buttons/Guages section, 04_TachECM.gif (http://www.vfaq.net/pics/04_TachECM.gif) contributed by Wayne Brown, which shows pin5 to be a tach signal wire which should drive a standard tachometer.
Touch screen diags, for 2004 or newer
Use of this information might result in disabling your vehicle, use it at your own risk.
• Hold Info button while turning the lights on and off 3 times, you can wait for system checks. -OR- Press the display button, then press the left upper and lower corners within the display settings box 3 times. o If codes exist press LAN Mon, then CHEK to show codes or hold code clr to clear codes.
• From the initial screen, hold Info button while turning the lights on and off 3 times for Model Info Set Up (type) screen. I do not know what these do, use at your own risk.
o Types are : 690N 740N 836N 783N 620N 808N 480X 900N 382X 290X Types are : 901N EMV AVX(ten) AVX(nat) AVX_HV(ten) AVX_HV(nat) 749N
• Use the Menu button to reach the Diagnosis Menu, press the Display Check and then Vehicle Signal Check to show the accessory battery voltage and other information.
• From the Diagnosis Menu press upper-left then lower-right screen corners for PDM menu. o All buttons except for perhaps the Init. BackUp may be safe to use.
• From PDM screen, hold Info button while turning the lights on and off 3 times for an untitled screen.
o Here you find a number of options stating success or PGM rqd including TKM, Flicker, setting:Tape/MD, setting Address:110H/120H, setting AC:off/on, and setting Auto:off/on • Hold the physical Display button to exit at any time, or simply power off the car. Disabling Traction Control WARNING: The shop manual apparently states in no uncertain terms that this procedure must NOT be used to drive the car as damage to the transmission could occur due to traction control being defeated.
• Follow the sequence below (quickly - within 60 seconds) • Set Ign switch to ON, not READY (Power button twice, no brake) • While still in "P" fully depress the gas pedal two times. • Select "N" fully depress the gas pedal two times.
• Select "P" fully depress the gas pedal two times. (LCD display will indicate a !Car! in upper left corner of screen)
• Turn key directly to "start" to start the engine (brake+start button) It forces the ICE to run continuosly and defeats the traction control system. Normal operation returns after turn off and reboot. Unlike EV-Mode this is strictly a diagnostic function and should not be used under normal situations. Disabling Navigation Lock-Out When moving faster than a very slow speed, many of the navigation setting buttons are disabled (grayed-out). This sequence will override the lock-out until the car is powered off.
• Press the "Menu" button (hardware button) • Press the "Voice" icon on the display
• Press the upper left corner of the display, where the speaker icon is
• Press the lower left corner • Press the upper left corner again • Press the lower left corner again
• The screen should change to a diagnostic screen
• Hold the "Override" button for several seconds until it changes to black Warning: do not play with things on this screen that you don't know about!
Navigation Motion Override 1)Push MENU Button on bezel 2)Tap the VOLUME soft button 3)Tap top left of screen (where the speaker icon is), then the bottom left, then top left again and finally the bottom left again. **Perform these taps in rapid sequence. Do not be tentative or it might not work. 4)The Service Menu should appear. 5)Press and hold the OVERRIDE soft button until it beeps and is highlighted. Full NAV function should now be available until you shut down the car. This can be engaged while in motion but must be repeated each time the car is restarted. Be cautious experimenting within the Service Menu as you could cause yourself some problems with your Prius is you push the wrong combination of buttons.
reverse beep and reminder lights ( duplicate)
Gas guage reset