2004-2009 Toyota Prius Nav conversion info
new information Fall 2010..
aftermarket prius radios
with built in Nav and video and mp3 are now available for 795 dollars! send
an email for details
Located at 861 S Gardner Scottsburg IN 47170
(30 miles north of Louisville Ky and about 75miles
south of Indianapolis In.)
2 or 3 minutes from I- 65
Hello, My name is Steve Woodruff.
Many of you have emailed to inquire how to install NAVigation into a standard
non nav Prius.
The easy answer is it cannot be done easily because
- the non nav prius does not have the wire harnesses for the
steering wheel controls, or
- the microphone in the overhead console
- or, the buttons on the multifunction display,
- or the plugs for the nav unit under the drivers seat.
Now, if you have decided against a nice aftermarket unit then you might check
out this product
it is an interface for
If you still want to pursue adding factory nav, I have this information
The Nav voice uses the factory JBL amplifier under the passenger seat for
audio. Therefore you will also need the factory JBL stereo system
( I once exchanged a drivers door from a non nav car to a nav car and the
Nav quit speaking!) the Schematic showed that the audio for nav is routed through
the drivers door! The cure was to install the original door harness into
the new door.
If you still want to Add factory nav
you will need
- a donor car to get the wire harnesses ( perhaps buy one from us) (the cost
for a nav harness is 800 and requires 16 hours of labor to install)
- a schematic ( see ebay or the tis
Toyota tech website)
- nav unit with dvd
- nav antenna
- nav multifunction display ( be advised the NAV touchscreen has an additional
circuit board), a non-nav screen is not upgradable
- (I know this because we offer touchscreen repair here)
- nav steering wheel controls
- jbl sound system
- stuff I have forgotten to list
- new info! aftermarket prius radio replacements are
now available with a built in nav and video screen!
I welcome comments ( if you have found a nice alternative like an aftermarket
I will post your results here) Thanks in advance
I will be happy to answer any questions
Please include make and model with your question.